So I’m going to Texas, the great state of Grace Kelly to retrieve his pride and joy. No it’s not what you think. I’m going to pick up Shen, his puppy. She is an adorable pup for sure. So I am spending 4 days in the car with Ma road tripping across the US, again, to pick her up.
Say tuned for stories. Leaving on Thursday.
Roadtrip time. This time it was to Texas. First stop with in Knoxville, Tennessee at Calhoun’s Restaurant. Delicious!
We continued on through Tennessee.
Next we made our way to Clarksdale, Mississippi to Morgan Freeman’s restaurant Ground Zero Blue Club. The food was delicious. Seriously some of the best food I’ve every had in my life. Deep fried grits with honey butter. Oh my god.
Next stop was Tara in Vicksburg, Mississippi. I love this place.
Next was Killeen, Texas. This is when we acquired our cargo.
Meet Shenandoah. She is Grace Kelly’s dog and she will be my dog until next July. She is a lovely pup and so sweet!
I have been down with a nasty sickness these past few days. Starting to feel better. Although my eating is now all out of wack. Gotta love those pesky little eating disorders.
Next time we will cover a topic related to Texas and Grace Kelly.
I know my posts have been a bit delayed over the past few days. We can thank my grandmother for fucking up the computer 6 ways to Sunday for that.
Irritating. Real irritating.
Nevertheless, I am trying my best to make up what has been lacking. Here’s a quick update.
I started working for one of my father’s businesses on Monday. He asked for help. I wanted into the office on Monday and he basically dumped one of the companies in my lap and said fix it. Lovely right? I can feel the stress. If I fail it’s a million dollar corporation failing. No pressure.
At home, my grandmother has been driving me bat-shit crazy. She is in my business and frankly it’s none of her fucking business what I do. Furthermore, she insists on lecturing me. That shit realllyyyyy gets under my skin. I cannot stand to be lectured. If I want your fucking opinion I will ask for it. If not, do not be a condescending cunt and tell me what to do. In fact if you do that, you should expect me to ignore you for days, weeks really, and do exactly what you told me not to do. These are the times that I go by the “fuck off, eat shit, and die” motto of life in accordance with my dealings concerning you.
As you can see, I don’t take well to being governed. Therefore, I will be spending this weekend in Northern Virginia with some great friends and enjoying life.
(And I swear to God if I come home to my room fucked with I’m going to lose my shit.)
This weekend I had the lovely job of participating in the Old Dominion Cotillion. Now I am not a debutante, and never will be, but I like to dress up, love to eat and enjoy a few cocktails.
Thursday night began with a Ring Dance. During this evening, the fathers present their debs with a ring that is specially designed for their debutante class. The mothers present their daughters with a bar stool. The stool is designed by each mother and is a reflection of the daughter. Finally, the debs meet their cadet escorts. After all the ceremony, we eat, dance, and drink.
VMI Cadets--Saber arch practice.
Friday night is rehearsal night. We practice for literally 5 hours until it is perfect.
VMI Cadets--Ball night introduction.
Saturday night is the main event. It’s the night of the ball when all the girls are make their premiere to society in their beautiful white gowns. We get to enjoy a wonderful meal, showcase our dance moves, down a few glasses of wine, and participate in the grand march.
Ready for the Ball.
Whimsy challenged others to answer the 50 questions on the website, just as she did. There are no right or wrong answers. Just a flow of free thinking.
- How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are? 27. Old enough to be taken seriously, but young enough to still have fun without having judgment passed.
- Which is worse, failing or never trying? Never trying because then you always wonder “what if”. For me, that is one of the worse possible things ever.
- If life is so short, why do we do so many things we don’t like and like so many things we don’t do? Easy. We do the things we don’t like because we feel obligated too by society or others around us, but we like many things that we don’t do because those are the things that we really want to do. Those are the things that our soul wants to dance with.
- When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done? No. Actions speak louder than words and my work should speak for itself.
- What is the one thing you’d most like to change about the world? The importance of cultural enrichment and that when you are doing something that doesn’t make you happy…change it.
- If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich? Being free, and doing something greater than myself.
- Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing? Currently I’m transitioning. I’m moving toward something that I love. I know better than to settle.
- If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently? No. I make everyday what it should be. Things will happen or they won’t. In the mean time I’m not going to worry about it.
- To what degree have you actually controlled the course your life has taken? A larger degree. I am responsible for my own happiness and I’m not going to let someone tell me how to live my life.
- Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things? Doing the right things. Your honor is all you have in the end.
- You’re having lunch with three people you respect and admire. They all start criticizing a close friend of yours, not knowing she is your friend. The criticism is distasteful and unjustified. What do you do? Stop them. I remind them to never pass judgment on someone they don’t know. At the same time if they do know the person, then they are entitled to their opinion but I would ask them to refrain from talking about them negatively in front of me.
- If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be? Decide what is real.
- Would you break the law to save a loved one? Yes.
- Have you ever seen insanity where you later saw creativity? No but this would be a glorious thing to witness.
- What’s something you know you do differently than most people? Think. I think a lot differently than others.
- How come the things that make you happy don’t make everyone happy? Because those are the things that light up my soul. Everyone is different.
- What one thing have you not done that you really want to do? What’s holding you back? Live overseas. The only thing holding me back is finding a job.
- Are you holding onto something you need to let go of? Yes. Always.
- If you had to move to a state or country besides the one you currently live in, where would you move and why? State–Montana. It is so beautiful and it makes me feel at peace. Country–Not sure. Probably somewhere in Europe.
- Do you push the elevator button more than once? Do you really believe it makes the elevator faster? I only push the button once.
- Would you rather be a worried genius or a joyful simpleton? Joyful simpleton. No need to worry ones head off about things you can’t control.
- Why are you, you? My past makes me who I am but it does not define my future.
- Have you been the kind of friend you want as a friend? Yes. I will do anything for my friends. I love them all dearly.
- Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you? Losing touch with a good friend who lives near.
- What are you most grateful for? My mother teaching me to never settle for anything.
- Would you rather lose all of your old memories, or never be able to make new ones? Lose all my old memories. If you could never make new ones, it means that you would never live.
- Is is possible to know the truth without challenging it first? If you honestly believe in it, yes.
- Has your greatest fear ever come true? Yes. Many times.
- Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset? Does it really matter now? Yes and yes. It defined my relationship with my father.
- What is your happiest childhood memory? What makes it so special? It’s not a single memory but a number of feelings that I remember from childhood that always occurred around Sunshine. She’s my rock.
- At what time in your recent past have you felt most passionate and alive? Now. Right now with Clapper.
- If not now, then when? Immediately. Never delay for you may not have tomorrow to play.
- If you haven’t achieved it yet, what do you have to lose? Nothing.
- Have you ever been with someone, said nothing, and walked away feeling like you just had the best conversation ever? Absolutely. Those are some of my favorite memories.
- Why do religions that support love cause so many wars? Because people will die for what they love and anything that challenges it.
- Is it possible to know, without a doubt, what is good and what is evil? No. Too many things wade in the gray area.
- If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job? Yes, but only after I got a job doing something that I love.
- Would you rather have less work to do, or more work you actually enjoy doing? More work that I actually enjoy. Makes you feel much more accomplished.
- Do you feel like you’ve lived this day a hundred times before? Yes. I don’t like the repeat button.
- When was the last time you marched into the dark with only the soft glow of an idea you strongly believed in? Honestly I haven’t the slightest clue and that’s disappointing.
- If you knew that everyone you know was going to die tomorrow, who would you visit today? No one. I’d count my blessings with Mother Nature.
- Would you be willing to reduce your life expectancy by 10 years to become extremely attractive or famous? No. Beauty is only skin deep.
- What is the difference between being alive and truly living? Being alive means that you are going through life doing nothing profound. Living means that you are actively participating in your life.
- When is it time to stop calculating risk and rewards, and just go ahead and do what you know is right? After about 30 seconds. Makes head and tails of the situation and just go with your gut. If you are wrong then you will learn something.
- If we learn from our mistakes, why are we always so afraid to make a mistake? Making a mistake means you fail. Failure is frowned upon by society.
- What would you do differently if you knew nobody would judge you? Nothing really. I do what I want now and don’t really care what people think. I am me. You are going to like me or you aren’t.
- When was the last time you noticed the sound of your own breathing? When I was sick. So winter time I suppose.
- What do you love? Have any of your recent actions openly expressed this love? I love being free, and a majority of my recent actions clearly display this.
- In 5 years from now, will you remember what you did yesterday? What about the day before that? Or the day before that? I’ll remember a few things, like rescuing kittens with Iamsohip, because it is an action bigger than myself. I’ll remember Flag Day, because it’s Clapper’s birthday.
- Decisions are being made right now. The question is: Are you making them for yourself, or are you letting others make them for you? Making them for myself. I am responsible for my own life.
There were lots of first times this weekend. First time going further north than NYC. First time going to Canada. First time meeting LNAYX’s parents. First time spending quality one on one time with LNAYX. First time telling LNAYX of FireNY’s lies. First time being completely speechless and not being able to explain the why with LNAYX. First time having perfectly natural sex with LNAYX. First time I really missed Clapper. First time I realized that LNAYX and I have something rare, and equally realizing that it’s kinda like that with Clapper as well. First time that I acknowledged that I could easily be content with LNAYX as long as he kept his dick exclusive.
But even at the end of the weekend all I want to do is crawl in Clapper’s arms and sleep easy.