If you are sad, be sad, but don’t ruin everyone else’s day!
I love my friends dearly, but I also have a huge issue with friends that are negative all the time. I understand that everyone gets in ruts and it’s difficult to pull through those times. However, that does not give you the excuse to act like a flaming asshole just because you are having a bad day. I have, on several occasions, fell victim to someone raining on my parade just because they are unhappy. You don’t have to be happy all the time, but you do have to be respectful of other people. Below are my tips to resolve this little issue.
1. If you are pissed off at the world, go be pissed off by yourself. Vent if you need to, but don’t let it consume your life.
2. If you are upset with a specific person please don’t take it out on others. They didn’t do anything wrong, so don’t treat them poorly. Address your issues with the person that caused them or you’ll never get anything accomplished.
3. Learn how to turn your emotions off. No one likes an emotional terrorist. If you are always over reacting to things, no one will take you seriously.
4. Pick and choose your battles. Actually conscientiously decide if the issue is worth your time and energy. 9 times out of 10 it won’t be.
5. RELAX. Not everything is a world crisis. Stop getting worked up about the little things. They are minor details and won’t affect anything in the long run.
6. Finally, think about how your actions affect others. When you have complications, deal with them directly. Being passive doesn’t do anything but allow the problem to continue and make you madder. Acknowledge why people are upsetting you. Maybe you are the problem and not them. Your actions speak louder than words. Always, always remember how it feels when the shoe is on the other foot.
Being your best self is important. You are allowed to have moments of emotion, but when you act like a raging bitch or the saddest puppy on the planet, no one wants to be around you. Be happy. Live free. Live for today and let the little things roll away. No worries.